So ya wanna be a...Virtual Assistant, with Rebekah HebdonSep 30, 2021
The virtual assistant industry is booming due to the normalization of working from home, and the push for businesses to start outsourcing.
But how do you get started in this growing industry and how do you know if it’s something you’re qualified for, or even interested in?
We sat down with Rebekah Hebdon, a virtual assistant and mom to three kids (4, 2, and 2 months), to hear all about what life is like as she juggles remote VA work and family life.
Rebekah started mingling in freelancing work back in 2020, and from there, she began her own Virtual Assistant/Social Media Marketing business in February 2021. She now has a passion for helping woman-owned businesses free up their time so they can focus on their zone of genius.
We picked Rebekah’s brain about what her life looks like as a virtual assistant: What exactly does she do as a VA? How she juggles motherhood and running her own business from home. How she hopes to continue growing her business in the next year, and tips for anyone looking to get started in the VA world.
In this episode, you’ll learn about:
- Rebekah’s career path that got her to where she is today
- How she got started in the VA world, and what made her start her own business
- How she “accidentally” landed her first client and the power of following up
- Services she offers as a VA
- A day in the life as a VA - How she navigates work and personal life
If you have any other questions for Rebekah, you can find her in our free Slack Community! Head over to Kenzacollective.com/slack to join us.
Links and Resources Mentioned in this episode:
- If you’re looking for a virtual assistant or knows someone looking, check out linktr.ee/rebekahbusinesssolutions!
- Join our free Slack community to collect with like-minded parents, get advice on everything from proposals to invoices, and browse our jobs board: kenzacollective.com/slack